Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here we go again!


A number of things have led me to blogging again. First, I have some friends that blog and I really enjoy catching up on their daily happenings. Second, I spent some time reading over my past blogs and didn't realize how much I had forgot. It made me sad that I have missed recording the first 9 months of Brynn's life in detail. I have tons of pictures but you realize when you read over posts that putting words to pictures makes the memory so much more real. I want to print yearly books as a "scrapbook" of our life events. Lastly, I was so fed up with my old computer. It was super complicated to update blogs and took a long time to download pics. I purchased a new one so here we go.....



Some of Brynn's past milestones and events since Jan:


Fri. Feb 4th at 23 weeks old Brynn finally rolled all the way over from her back to her belly. It seemed like she would never accomplish this. She was working on if for a long time. I just happened to have my phone and caught her first time on video.






Sunday, Feb 27th was the baby blessing at our church. Not only are we blessed with a beautiful little girl, we are also blessed with a great family, friends and and church home to join us in this journey. She also turned 6 months old Feb 27th! A 6 month pic our friend Monica took for us!




Brynn was blessed with 2 great grandparents that went home to be with Jesus this year! We are so glad they were able to meet Brynn even if only for a short time.




George Miller, BJ's grandad, passed away at 85, on Jan 28th. He was excited to meet Brynn! It is no secret he wanted us to have a boy too! He would always tell us, you'll have to try again for a boy and if you get another girl....try again!!





Feb 28th, after 92 great years of life, my Mamaw, Winnie May Sherman passed away. It was so much fun to see her interact with Brynn. She never wanted to put her down. We loved her so! She is greatly missed.
April 12th, at 32 weeks old, We are pretty sure she said her first word! Bye! At school she always says bye, bye with a wave. At home on the 12th we were saying bye and waving and think she repeated it! Now occasionally we think we hear Mama and dada. Could be just babble ... but we'll call it words! :)



April 24th, Brynn's first Easter. My parents, sister and brother-in-law came to lubbock. We all gathered at BJ's mom's with his sister's family for Easter lunch on Sunday and an Easter egg hunt! Found an egg!

May 6th, at 36 weeks old, Brynn officially started crawling and went from on her stomach to sitting all by herself. She was moving around on her belly when I went in the other room for a split second. I came back and she was on her bottom with a big grin. She was so proud of herself.


BJ, I and even Jasmine have to be on our toes now as she is moving ALL over! She loves her Jasmine. If she is in eye's sight, Brynn is after her!


Brynn has flown to Dallas 2 times now. Once to visit daddy while he was working and another time for Aunt Nisha's graduation from UNT on May 13th.


She does great on the plane. Goes right to sleep as we take off! She was quite the trooper those weekends being toted all over the place. She had her first trip to the Zoo after Nisha's graduation. She really could have cared less, but enjoying the beautiful day outside with family!


0 comments: