Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To my Blogging friends with kids!

Please be careful what you post!
The following is a post from a college friend of mine:

"Well, I had just posted 2 new posts a little while ago... the first one is no longer on here. It was a cute little post showing how Logan had learned how to take off her diaper and it included a pic of her walking and showing her little hiney. So not a big deal but fortunately, I checked my site meter right after I had posted it (not sure why I did, but I am glad that I did). Well anyway, in a matter of maybe 2-3 minutes, I had 16 hits from various foreign countries. Anyone that watches their site meter, realizes that you do get some random visitors from time to time, but literally 16 in a 2 minute time span on my blog is little weird. So I quickly removed that post and all pictures and got a little sick to my stomach. I don't know if I am just paranoid, but I have read on other blogs how they have tracked key words that had brought random visitors to their blog and it can be gross (regardless how naive the intent). So, just a word of caution - be careful what you are putting out there of your kiddos... there are some lurkers that are not welcome visitors that have access to everything you are allowing them to have access to... "


On another note, I just purchased a camera on ebay exactly like mine that was recently stolen. I got a pretty good deal since it has no cables, box, etc. So....there should be more posts with pictures again soon!

1 comments:

The Vinyards said...

That is scary! I think anyone with a blog should have a sitemeter. I check mine the day after every post. Irritating that we live in a world with weirdos like that.