Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Traditions

We have made it a yearly tradition to have BJ's niece and nephew, Zachary and Emily, over to carve pumpkins and spend the night in the fall. This year Emily and I made pumpkin cookies also. We started the evening off with a trip to the pumpkin patch.



Emily was more excited than Zachary about digging out the insides. We sorted the seeds so we could roast them. YUMMY!

Emily and I making cookies from scratch. She was such a big helper!

I think their favorite part of the evening was licking the batter.....
BJ is the Master Carver. Zachary picked which pattern he wanted BJ to do and of course it was the most difficult one! Zachary went back and forth between helping BJ and I, notice he had to get in on eating some batter as well. We didn't get a pic of the finished product but is was prety cool.

They frosted the cookies and added sprinkles on top!


1 comments:

Zack & Monica said...

Looks like fun! :) Hopefully, I'll see you soon!